Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

16 weeks



What's up with us:
Well, not much is happening this week with us. Julietta is completely potty trained. We went to the beach this weekend and we were there so long that eventually she let me just hold her over the public potty and went so I think that's done! It took 3 days and she only had 3 accidents. One of those was my fault. I told her it was play time and to go play in her room. We've had issues with her playing by herself so we often have to force her to stay in her room. Once she's there she's fine but I think she thought she couldn't come out to tell me she had to peepee so we had an accident. But other than that she's been awesome. Randy got to go diving this weekend, and I just sat on the beach for about 5 hours. I'm a little red! Julietta loved it though, and had a blast. She didn't want to go in the water still. I don't know what to do about that. If we get Hawaii hopefully she'll get over that. I guess Randy talked to his boss today and there are slots for Hawaii. So it is a real possibility. I'm just praying that God will put us where He wants us. I have pros and cons for both. The one BIG pro about VA is being close to family. Other than that Hawaii sounds awesome. Who knows? Like I said I'm leaving it up to God. We had people over and BBQed after the beach and that was really fun. We'd really like to find a place where we have a lot of Christian friends. My brother and sister do and I'm kinda jealous of their group of friends. So that's another big prayer.


What's up with the baby:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

1 comment:

  1. Hawaii will be hard, but I'll force myself to visit you there.

    ReplyDelete