Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

26 weeks

So, I don't have a picture to put up with this post but I just wanted to post what was going on with us since it's been about a month! We are all moved in up in Newport News. We got a house literally two blocks from some friends! God really worked it out. The sign went up in the yard the day we drove in. We happened to miss the turn for their house and drove by it! They graciously let us crash at their house while we looked for a place. The house is in an older neighborhood as much of everything is up here. But we've got 3 bedrooms with an extra living room which is now really the man cave! The only major complaint I have is the bedrooms are crazy small and we only have 1 1/2 bath, but it's all hardwood and the kitchen has been redone. I will get pictures up of the house too! Randy is off work until the 19th or something like that, so we are very happy about that. Right now, we don't have a doctor up here yet waiting for Tricare to switch us up here. Then I have to go see a doctor on the airforce base and see if they will let me go off base. If not, then I'm going to switch our insurance to something that we would have to pay a tiny co-pay but I'd be able to pick my doctor. As of right now, they are saying that Julietta HAS to go on base so I'll worry about that when I get my OB worked out. As this rate I most likely won't see a doctor until about 30 weeks! Yikes :) With moving and the baby I am going to not push myself and stress about graduating in December. I'm going to finish the two classes I'm taking now and then take the rest of the summer off. At that point I'll have 4 classes left so I will take one at a time until graduation next May. That will be a really simple load for when we have baby boy, and will take a lot of stress off right now! I wanna keep my GPA up and not just take classes to get them over with.
Baby boy is growing great! I only gained about a pound to 2 pounds last month so that makes me REALLY happy! I think I am at about 16 to 17 pounds for the pregnancy so far. My belly has officially gotten to the point where it is in the way. We can watch him move now. That's kinda fun. He moves all day, but he sometimes will only do it once or twice so it's hard to catch it! The nursery is the only part that isn't all moved in, and I'll be working on that sometime this week.
That's a picture of what he's supposed to look like this week!
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

2 comments: