Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

8 months old!


Ender manes is 8 months old! I can't believe it. Some exciting things happened this month like Ender getting his bottom 2 teeth! Some sad things happened such as he completely weaned himself. I am trying not to focus on it and trying to remain happy that I made it to 8 months. :/

Ender has gained a little bit more weight. I took him to the doctor yesterday. He was 17.2 pounds. He was in the 28th percentile for weight. He is 28.5 inches long, which is the 80th percentile for height. So... he is tall and lean. I am hoping the tall and lean stays with him the rest of his life. I am hoping that my children do not have to struggle with weight like I do. I am also hoping that the height thing keeps up, and that he's not short like I am. Other than that Ender is doing great. He is still not sitting up by himself. Dr Mack was a little worried about that, and put it down in his chart as being delayed but then tried to sit him and put a toy in front of him and Ender totally sat there to reach the toy, so then Dr Mack said well he can do it he just doesn't want to. And I said yeah that's about it! So he said it wasn't developmental and that he was fine. After going back and forth I did deciede to go ahead and keep Ender on his shot schedule, so he got them yesterday. He was quite cranky, and today his little chunky thighs are still sore!

Other than that, Ender hasn't changed much. He rolls all over the place and is trying to crawl. He will move all over the floor to reach anything, especially shoes. He LOVES shoes! He still chews on everything. Our schedule is bedtime around 8-8:30, and Ender generally wakes up around 8ish. He takes 2 naps and sometimes a cat nap at night. It is wonderful to finally be in a schedule. Julietta takes "rest" time during his naptime in the afternoon. Her rest time is a movie in our bed, but it is nice because I at least get an hour to myself!

1 comment:

  1. Our fellas are getting so big! They could get together and swap shoes :) I am so proud of you for getting his shots. There are so many crazy diseases and it really is all of our resposibility to immunize our kids.

    ReplyDelete